Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Planning a birthday party while remaining frugal

So I am learning to be more frugal. Thanks to a little help from some websites I have visited. Here is my latest frugal adventure.

I am currently planning for Raegan's first birthday party. We are having a My Little Pony themed party. I already bought the outfit on Ebay. It was only $25 and it is super cute.


So to match her outfit I wanted a really cute party hat. I had seen them on Etsy before and they are pretty pricey. I pride myself on being a pretty crafty person. I guess I get that from my mom who can pretty much do anything crafty. Paint, sew, you name it. She can do it. So I went to Michaels and bought the stuff to make the hat myself. Here is what it looks like and to make it much better. Supples for it only cost me around $5. Now that is frugal. I saved myself $20.

Now if I can only figure out a way to save on the Pizza that we planning on buying for everyone. I do not plan this to be a small birthday party. I think my list is at 30 people right now. Unfortunately it is cold in January when her birthday comes so we can not do a bbq outside somewhere. I need to have it at the pizza parlor this year and I wouldnt feel right if I didnt buy the pizza for all. Oh well...Thats an expense I will just have to make. I am so happy to be planning her first birthday but at the same time I am sad that I am already planning this. My baby is going to be one in 3 short months.

No comments:

Post a Comment