Thursday, October 21, 2010

Small town

I grew up in a very small town. A town where you know everyone in the town. A town where you went to school with the same kids from kindergarten through graduation from high school. I loved living in a small town at the time.

When I was 18 I wanted out of that small town. I left and moved about an hour away to a larger town. I miss the small town atmosphere and really wish I could move back to a little town. I want one smaller than I grew up in though. You know the one horse town. The towns with one stop light and one main street that everyone hangs out on Friday nights. I like the Gilmore Girls town. I know thats not a real town but only a television set on a studio in Los Angeles but thats what I want. Thats where I would love to raise my little girl. I know she would probably dislike me when she was older and bored because there was nothing for her to do,but I think when she is older she will realize what she had was good.

Back from my dream beacause I know that will never happen. I have married a city boy. A man who would never leave the big city for a small town.

This weekend I go back to the past. I will be visiting my small town for the day. I am sure I will run into a lot of old high school friends because a lot of them are still there. I look forward to Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment